CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 7, 2011

We've been busy...really!

I know, I know...almost 1/4 of 2011 has already gone by and I have not posted anything on this blog. I aplogize, but, really, are you surprised? It's not like I have deviated that much from the norm here, so nobody should be terribly shocked. Doesn't pregnancy excuse you from having to do anything?! I wish that I had been sitting around doing nothing at all, but that is not the case. We have been busy here in the Rigby household getting ready fro the arrival of Baby Rigby #3.

As usual, what started as "Let's paint the baby's room" turned into a month long project that we are almost finished with. Dallan has been working hard, every day after work, redoing the bedroom completely. He started by scraping the cottage cheese ceiling and replastering it himself. You can't really see it the picture that well, but he did an amazing job. It looks great! Then the painting started...



Pottert Barn got invlolved and changed our small painting job into a little more work than anticipated. I don't know what you call what we did, so here is a picture to show you:



We contemplated replacing the carpet at the same time, but we were just too tired to make any more decisions and decided to wait until we move Ty back into the room to do carpet. (mostly because replacing carpet meant scraping the ceilings of the other two rooms and I couldn't handle the thought of tearing the entire house apart again right now) As of Saturday, there is furniture in the room and it is starting to look like we might get everything done in time for Baby Boy's arrival. Now I just have to get sewing so we can have some curtains and blankets ready. Wish us luck!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the furniture. I'll be home soon to "help" you with the sewing. I'll be stopping by a real PB kids while on my trip. I'll be sure to tell Dallan all about my new ideas. ;)

Lindsay said...

REally looks great! I'm so impressed. Hope you are doing well and getting excited for little boy!