CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Fruits of Our Labors



When you spend an entire day (10 am to 10 pm) working on something, you gotta show it to people. Yesterday was AppleSauce Making Day! I can't say it is my favorite day of the year, but it feels great when it is all over and we love eating it the rest of the year. We got 40-something quarts this year! It was a family effort. Tyson was a great help. He was in charge of washing apples (after I washed them), handing me apples to cut and turning the crank on the sauce making machine. His favorite thing, though, was the magnet stick that helps you pick up the lids out of the hot water. He liked to pick up the lid rings and see how far he could carry them before they fell off. Kelsie helped the most when she took naps. She did not appreciate being ignored all day long. Dal helped too, when he got home from work. His job was to take Kelsie and pick up some Thai food for dinner. OK...he helped pick apples and make the sauce too, but the food was what I was most grateful for. I'm glad it is all over, but it is a little fun...I guess.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Mmmmm...your applesauce is so yummy! I'm glad it was a productive and somewhat fun day! Too bad we can't have any, though...

Anonymous said...

Maybe after today, I'll be able to show you the fruit of my labor,and that will be fruit without an "s". I'm such a wuss.

Jana said...

Good job running four miles! You'll be kicking my butt at Christmas.