CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Those "Crazy Nielsens" came down for another visit to Disneyland while our season passes are still good. We, of course, had a great time and took a million pictures. It was fun because Kelsie actually enjoyed it this time. She would get so excited when we would get close to a ride and could see it flying or doing whatever it did. Since I am blogging incompetent, I had to do this trip in 2 posts because it kept letting me only do 4 pictures at a time. I am sure that I could probably figure out how to fix it, but do I really want to? I don't think so!

We started out with our trusty map. Have I mentioned that Tyson pulls out his Disneyland and California Adventure maps on a regular basis and will talk the ear off of anybody who will listen to him. He loves to talk about which rides we went on, which ones he doesn't like and which ones he will go on next time.


Kelsie had a great time at Goofy's house. She went down the slide over and over. Each time, the static got stronger and stronger. By the time she got to the bottom of the slide each time, her hair would all be standing on end.


This was just a cute picture of all the kids at Winnie the Pooh. Tyson informs everyone that the Winnie the Pooh ride is fun, not scary, because it is all just pretend. What a brave boy!


R is for Rigby. What luck that California has one in it! We really liked it over there. All the rides are outside, so Ty doesn't get as spooked. We found a new favorite ride this time. It is a little rollercoaster with lots of sharp turns and a few drops. I wasn't sure what Ty would think, but he loved it and we ended up gong on it 4 or 5 times.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jana said...

You guys are so lucky! Jana and Dave are jealous of Jenn and Dave - but we probably wouldn't have bought them cotton candy because we aren't as nice.

Dirk Handlebar said...

Sweet pictures, Tiff.

In case you want to know, you were getting cut off at 4 pictures because the file sizes were so big. You'll notice that, if you click a picture on your blog, it zooms up really big. This is great for allowing people to see a good-sized photo of your cool kids, but makes it tough to upload stuff.

You should probably compress them a little. This still allows for some zooming, but makes the files a more manageable size. After all, who wants to have to scroll from side-to-side to see the entire photo?

There are lots of programs that will do this, like Adobe Photoshop or Irfanview (freeware), but the easiest (in my opinion) program with which to do this is Microsoft's Picture Manager. When you click on "Edit Pictures" on the top, you should get a little menu on the right hand side that includes things like "Brightness and Contrast," "Color," "Crop," Etc. At the bottom is "Compress Picture."

If you select "Compress Picture," you'll get some options, in descending order of size. Documents to e-mails. I usually compress our blog pictures down to document-size, so that they still give a little zoom, but are easier to upload. Just save and upload.

IMPORTANT SAFETY TIP: BE SURE TO COMPRESS AND SAVE A COPY OF YOUR PICTURE - NOT YOUR ORIGINAL - BECAUSE YOU CANNOT "DECOMPRESS" A PHOTO.

I usually select the four or five photos I want to upload, copy them to a desktop file, and then monkey around with them so that I don't risk compressing, cropping, or otherwise messing up my original.

Sorry for the super-long comments. I wish I was in California too.

Heather said...

I'm glad you had fun at Disneyland! I love that place and can't wait 'til we take Erik, maybe this fall. Your kids are getting so big! Are you going to be making a trip to UT this summer?

Rigby Family said...

Dirk...thanks for the tips. I need to become more computer/picture literate. Maybe you guys should come visit again and you can show me all that stuff?! I guess you won't be coming any time soon now that the Mama and Papa are heading your way. So sad! Thanks again!

Rigby Family said...

Heather, yeah...Disneyland is the BEST with kids. We are going to be in Idaho Falls this summer in July. I am not sure yet whether we will be in UT or not. I will kepp you updated if we are going to come. Good to hear from you!

The Rosenlof's said...

Great pictures! What is it with boys and maps? We have that same picture of Brennan. Too cute! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jana said...

you guys should be in Utah between July 27th and August 2nd - that's when we will be there!

Jessica said...

Fun!! I love seeing your blogs since you don't ever come see us anymore:( I almost forgot what you looked like ;) Well its okay you can tell me happy 16 birthday when you come. Go look at my pictures on my blog k. Tell you kids hi for me. Cute pictures:). Love ya.

Jess

Jessica said...

Thanks! Maybe i will have to come to california to take some pictures this summer:). I will do a blog showing you the pictures from the Harts drive in. Are you coming to grandma's reunion, did you say?