CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SoCal Ragnar 2010

OK...I promised pictures...so here are a few. I think we will have to do this in installments, because I have a million things I should be doing other than this. Now that I have had a few days to recover, I can look back and say, "I had a GREAT time!" No really...it was a blast and I would do it again...probably! So here, for your viewing pleasure, is a little glimpse into my little race adventure...

Here is the whole team. Well, technically this is half the team, the other half was in a different van and we barely saw them the whole time. So for ease, we will call this my team. From left to right...Patricia, Me, Kandie, Sabrina, Tara, Shannon. This is actually a picture of us at the end of our race...so probably shouldn't be starting with it, but I think it is the only one we got with all six of us.


This is me (obviously) before I ran my very first leg. I was really nervous...and cold!


This is me (again, quite obvious) at the end of my first leg. That was fast! (Don't I look like I have all the energy in the world...no stress whatsoever? Yeah...that was nice!)


Here's a little looksie at our van. One of the girls on our team came up with some great suggestions for team names, but they were all vetoed. I don't really want to talk about it. Anyway, we decided to put all those names on our van anyway (yes we are obnoxious). I like to think that we were serving others. I can't count how many times we saw people reading our van and laughing. We brought a little sliver of happiness to those peoples' lives and we can be proud of that! Missing in this photo are "Bummer...I just did my hair" "Proud to be Silicone free" and "Will Run for Post Race Meal" I thought they were all very clever. I have to say, though, that my favorite team name that we saw in the race was "Does this skirt make my butt look fast?" I thought it was hilarious...I so wish we had thought of that one!



So, that is going to have to be all for now. I will work on round 2 of pictures when I get another chance.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jana said...

I'm so proud of you! That looks so fun!

Lindsay said...

Good job! That's really quite a big deal to say you've run a Ragnar Relay...be so proud.... And I think your van's really funny!