CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So Pretty!

For those of you who have spent any amount of time with Kelsie, you know she loves to have "pretties" put in her hair but that there is something inside of her, stronger than human comprehension, driving her to pull them out as soon as they are in.

She will hand them to me so I can put them in her hair and then immediately pull them out. She then gets the saddest look on her face and she hands them back to me to get them put in again.

I've been using tough love therapy to solve this problem...I just don't put them in...EVER! It makes her sad, but it makes me more sad when she rips a handful of hair out with each pretty she yanks out.

With that very long introduction...


Last night, Kelsie found a bag full of her pretties and brought them to me. She would take them out of the bag, one at a time, and say "Here-go-Mommy!" How could I resist that? I would put one in and she would immediately hand me another. Eventually, we had the whole bag in her hair. She even left them in for a few minutes while she showed her Daddy and looked at herself in the mirror.
Her will power gave out, though, and she eventually started ripping them all out. Luckily, I calmed her down enough to allow me to take them out in a safer manner.

I think we are making progress, though, because this morning I put some clippies in her hair and then distracted her with some Pringles. She forgot they were in her hair and left them in the entire time we were at the park today. Wahoo! Hopefully this is a sign of what is to come.

1 comments:

Kayli said...

Wahoo!!! This is a big step for Kelsie. Good luck!