CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've lost him...forever!

OK...so the pictures are in reverse order, but we all know I am no genius when it comes to the ins and outs of blogging. The point is that my baby started kindergarten last Monday!!! I cannot believe it has finally come. I think the only thing that got me through the whole ordeal was the he had Kinder Camp this summer. He went to the school for 3 hours each day (M-TH) for the entire month of July. It was like a practice run for him and more importantly for me. If it hadn't been for that, I would have lost it that first day of what we call Real Kindergarten.


So, life as I know it is over and I have entered the world of alarm clocks, snack preparation, knowing what time it is at all times, and schedules! Actually, I think we have adjusted quite well so far. Here's how it works:
Wake up at 6:40 (yeah...that is at least an hour earlier than I am used to)
put on my sweats and running shoes,
Wake up the kids,
Pour the cereal (so much for visions of hot breakfasts to increase their brain power),
Pick out clothes for Ty (don't think this is going to last all that long) and get Kelsie dressed,
Fix Kelsie's hair (I figure one of us should look presentable...got to represent the family),
Pack a snack in the backpack,
Make sure I have my three items (I have to count every morning or I forget something...cell phone for time, garage door opener and keys for locking up Ty's bike),
Load Kelsie in the stroller and get Ty helmeted up (Safety First!),
And we are on our way at 7:35
It takes us approximately 8 minutes to get to the school with Ty riding and me jogging/walking (driveways slow down our progress because Ty insists on going around them for fear of tipping over on the slant). We have a great crossing guard who has the light waiting for us each morning as we get to the corner. Locking up the bike adds another 2 minutes to the process and we are at the door to Kindergarten with a few minutes to spare each morning! Look at us go.
I know...more information than you wanted, but this is our life right now and I wanted to share. The best part is that I get home, work out, shower and get dressed, eat breakfast and it is already time to go pick him up. And we get to do this 5 DAYS A WEEK! Wahoo.

3 comments:

Jana said...

He looks like he loves it!

Jessica said...

You know what is cool is it is Ty's first year of grade school and my last year of high school. OH I bet you are going to be waiting for that announcement in the mail :) haha

J+M said...

Hi Sister Rigby! It's Michelle, I use to be in your ward before I got married. Anyways, that's not why I was writing. I noticed that your son has the same kinder teacher as my sisters had! If it is the same small curley hair little Spanish lady that I am thinking of at Rice Elementary(us three older Lott kids went there for our elementary school years) If you ask her about the Lott family, she might just remember us. But you don't have to! Congratulations on having your first one in school! Enjoy the mother and daughter bonding time that you'll get! :)

Michelle