CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Long Awaited Update

Ok...so the house took over our lives for a while and I had NO TIME to blog or do much of anything for that matter. I cannot say that we are done (as much as I wish I could), but we have definitely made some progress. The fact that my sister Jen and her family were coming at the end of March helped push the work along as fast as we were able. I'm not sure what day of the remodel we are on now...lost count after 30!

So let us start with what is not done...the fireplace. Oh the fireplace! This has to be the worst part of the whole project in terms of how much stress it caused. The stress came, not because it was hard to do, but because we couldn't make a decision concerning what to do with it to save out lives. We still have the tiling to do and then comes the hard part...deciding what to do about a mantel. Here is the progress so far:

We start with the lovely pink tile and even more pink grout. Please take note of the lovely brassy gold finish around the fire box and the knotty wood paneling behind!


Say good-bye to the wood paneling and hello to some serious clashing! It really is a good paint color...I promise!


Who knew a can of spray paint could work miracles on a fireplace?! This picture doesn't do justice to all the work that went into this. As much fun as Ty and I had kncoking out the old tile, it left a HUGE hole in the wall when it knocked out all the sheet rock behind it. Dal worked very hard to rebuild it with backerboard (another nightmare you will have to ask me about) in prep for our new tile.

Anyway, not all that exciting because it is not done, but I don't want to spring it all on you at once. You will have to wait and prepare yourselves for the next update when we actually get the tile in .We have made many of the cuts already, though, and plan on making some serious progress this weekend. Cross our fingers!

0 comments: