CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some mostly finished pictures...

I hesitate to say "finished" because it seems like nothing is completely finished. There are little touch-ups to do in pretty much every area. We are living in it, though, and I think that deserves some recognition.

Here is kind of a cross shot from the family room, across the ktichen into the Living Room.

Here is the bookshelf. We obviously added the crown moulding, but not so obviously, we also beefed up all the edges and shelves. They used to be pretty skinny, so we ripped them all off and replaced them with some thicker stuff to make it look a little more substantial. What do you think? (I know...you would think I could at least clean off the shelves before taking a picture for my blog, but I don't care and neither should you!)

Look...we even have drapes up in this room! A new room from ceiling to floor. What else can I say?


This is one worth noting...the light fixture in the kitchen. Paula found a light we both loved on Crate and Barrel's website, but it was WAY out of the price range. We thought, "How hard can it be to find something similar for a lot less money?" The answer...a lot harder! Paula spent days and days looking and my head was about to burst after spending a few hours looking. I took a break though and when I came back, this is what Paula had found. Cute, huh?!
Unfortunatly, it took so long to find that we didn't get it up before the Nielsen clan showed up. Sorry Jen and Dave that we had no light in our house while you were visiting. Wasn't it worth the wait though? The only question now is whether we hung it too high. We are morally opposed to hitting our heads on the light, but we may have taken it a little too far. What do you think?

Okay...that is all the house energy I have for the evening. Ask Dal...I am burnt out. In between the Nielsens and the Bishops, I couldn't motivate myself to do anything. Now that Spring Break is over and we are all alone again, I still don't want to finish anything. The only motivation we have is that we have a lot of tools that we need to return to their rightful owners, so we need to get it into gear and finish this baby up. Here we go again...

1 comments:

Heather said...

Rigby's! Great job on the house! It looks so fresh and new. I bet you're loving it. I'm so glad you dind't put that fan back up in the kitchen, Dal.

I can totally relate about remodels and getting so burned out that even the most simple task seems impossible. This is the reason why our remodel (which took place two years ago) is still only 95% complete, and I imagine it will stay that way for many years to come.

-John