CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Six?! Is that Possible?!

My baby boy is SIX YEARS OLD! I cannot believe it. I guess that means I really can't be 21 anymore, huh? This year's party was chaos...complete and utter chaos. I think it went well though. Once again, Becky helped me make a spectacular cake. Okay...let's be honest...she made the cake...I assisted. I did actually bake the cake, put a filling layer in and crumb coated it all by myself! Oh yeah...I was master boat shaper (rice crispy treats) and I made the sails for the ship. That is about it, though. I have to give credit to Becky for all the hard frosting stuff. I am getting good at helping her mix frosting colors. Do you think there is a career in that?

This was the first year where we had just kids at the party, instead of their whole families. I thought that would make it easier...less people, you know? Ha! Besides the fact that we invited 12 kids, their were fewer adults to help manage the chaos and help entertain. Luckily, I have some good friends who were able to stay and help. It really was a good time. We walked the plank, found hidden treasures, ate Pirate grub, made our own coins and searched for gold. What more could you want for a pirate party?

Not to mention the fact that I got to burn the edges of a bunch of stuff...invitations, signs, treasure maps, sails. Who knew that could be so much fun!
Oh yeah...this isn't the best picture, but look at the treasure chest behind Ty and Kelsie in this picture. I made that! Can you believe it? It was a really fun party to plan and I think Ty really liked it. (He better have or this may be the last!) Dal is trying to convince him that it would be more fun to just have one friend over next year on his birthday. We'll see how that goes. Now...time to plan Kelsie's party!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Summer said...

Looks fun! You are ambitious! I think I've done 2 parties - one for Corey and one for Jenna. Now we usually just have them invite a friend or two and we go do some activity of their choice. Oh, one time, since their b-days are just 2days apart, we had a neighborhood open-house carnival thing and invited kids to play water games, blow bubbles, do sidewalk chalk, etc.

Jana said...

Look at your skills! I loved catching up on your blog entries. Cute kids!

Lindsay said...

Is it possible? Wow, six years go by fast don't they. I have to say that I'm incredibly impressed with the whole pirate party--amazing cake, amazing pirate chest--I'm so impressed with the whole thing.