CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Okay... so funny story. I do not write this blog to toot my own horn or anything of the sort. I just think it is hilarious, so I want to share with you all.

This year, we had a chili cook-off at the church for part of our Halloween party. Since I sign up for pretty much everything that gets put in front of me, I signed up for the contest. Don't think that I have ever made chili before in my life...'cause I haven't! I called Stan and my Dad to get their recipes and advice (Funny how you get VERY different advice from different people). I figured I would use their recipe, but it was a busy week and I didn't feel like going to all that much trouble. Saturday was crazy busy, so I came up with my own version of "chili" that was quick and easy and headed off to the church.

I am sure you can see where this is going, but it is my blog and I will drag out a story if I want to! I had no idea what my chili tasted like because I didn't feel like tasting it when I was making it. I tried to get Dal to do a taste test, but he didn't feel like it either. Oh well...I was just trying to provide some chili for the millions of people who would be there. Imagine my surprise when they called my name for the third place winner! Seriously...I was completely embarrassed to go up there and wanted to say, "You have GOT to be kidding me, right?!"

Since I figured I would offend somebody with such a comment, I just smiled, turned bright red and accepted my white ribbon and gift certificate to Chilis. Who would of thunk?!

And no...I don't think I could replicate what I did ever again. I have learned that a chili cookoff has nothing to do with skill and 100% to do with luck! I am sure that even the same judges would probably pick entirely different kinds if they were to do it again! Oh well...I will bask in my glory while I still can!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jana said...

total popularity contest...

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! Don't be so modest--you've always been an awesome cook! I do believe it runs in the Hart blood.... ;)