CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Spooky Eats

I have always wanted to have a special Halloween dinner. Well, I finally did it this year, thanks to one of my new favorite blogs, http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/ I pretty much took all my good ideas from her site, so I can't take credit for anything. It was really fun. We had pumpkin- shaped bread bowls with corn chowder. How cute are these?

I made the most disgusting looking worms from Jello. They were very spooky, but way too much work...don't think I'll be doing these again! (besides, my kids are un-American or something and won't eat Jell-O!)

The chocolate covered pretzels were a family effort (thanks, Dal!). We made a bunch of these on Thursday and took them to a few friends and neighbors.

Since I knew my kids wouldn't eat corn chowder, even in a pumpkin bread bowl, I also made mummy dogs for them. They thought they were pretty cool, but of course insisted on wiping off the eyes first. Eeww...mustard!

I am excited to try new things next year. Halloween food is the best. Any good ideas?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Way to go Idaho!!! I'm so jealous. As you know, I had the same fabulous plan, but got as far as having to go to Harmons to buy those same cute pumpkin bowls, also serving up homemade corn chowder that none of the kids ate and didn't get anything else done. I had totally forgotten about the cute hot dogs. Drat!!! Hopefully I will do better next year.

Lindsay said...

Good job. I tried my hand at some Halloween food--the pumpkin soup turned out well, but the rice krispy eyeballs just did not look appealing to anyone--especially me. :) I want to try the worms next year. Love the breadbowl idea though, I think I need that recipe.